Saturday 28 November 2009

Friend or Foe

Recently I lost a "good" friendship and it got me thinking. This friendship in question, well, we had been friends since we were about 9 years old (21 now). But for the past year I felt she only called me when she wanted something, I felt unapreciated in anything I did for her and I felt second best. I think im worth more than that. I told her how I felt after one of the many times she let me down, truth be told she let my sister and her son down not me as she was going to my sisters to see Nate, my nephew and didnt show or answer her phone when we called. But anyway, I told her how I felt and she responded with "grow up".

To which i replied, that if she one day soon found out that she valued our friendship or actually cared to text me and let me know. To be honest with you all, She had a baby in October 2008. She had to move away from buxton to a village about 10 minutes away. I helped her move there and decorate! I went down to see her when ever I could. I stayed with her over night when she was feeling lonely or a little low. I was there for her when no one else wanted to be, and what did I want in return? Maybe a thankyou, or even a phone call once in a while to ask how im doing for a change. Or even an invite on a night out. But none of that happened even when she moved back to Buxton. To a flat where, once again I helped her move, I helped her decorate! She did call me once though, to baby sit so she could go out.

Is it so much to ask for a "how are you?" or even "Do you fancy a dvd night?". It seems so.

Leanne x

No comments:

Post a Comment