Wednesday 3 November 2010

I promise... to work out more!

I cant count how many times I've made a promise to myself and then broken it because of one reason or another. I always keep promises I make to other people but the ones I make to myself just dont seem as important to me. It occured to me a few moments ago that I'm always promising something to myself and yet only 20% of what I promise myself actually happens. I keep telling myself I will get fit and start working out more. I start it and then something comes up and then I lose track. My mum would say its because I'm lazy. Secretly I'd agree with her but I'd never tell her so. The thing is, I like to sit and read... but I also like that rush you get after a work out. Ok so at first when you start out you dont get that rush its more of a gasping 'oh my goodness this is going to kill me!' sort of feeling, but then after a few times of doing it, it starts to feel better and you get the rush.

For the past two weeks I'v been ill on and off. With my back at first and then this week with an infection. Working out is what I've been thinking about and wanting to do but with being ill, you just dont feel like it. I am literally itching to get on the exercise bike... I mean it too! Tonight I've been fidgeting, restless and want to do something. So this is it. THE promise I am making to myself. Right here, right now. To all of you good people. I am going to start working out. Every 6 weeks I'll do an update blog on how its going. In adition to my other blog posts I mean. Anyway, I would like to know from you, (yes you, dear reader), what are your favourite ways of working out? What makes a work out seem less work for you? Are work out sessions quiet times to reflect and plan or time for pumpin' music and a energy fest?

Leanne x

No comments:

Post a Comment