Wednesday 24 February 2010

Ba Ba Bo##ocks!

I was thinking about "political" issues last night in bed. I think everything is blown out of proportion these days. For example, Ba Ba Black Sheep is now Ba Ba Rainbow Sheep. The main reason for this is because Ba Ba Black Sheep is considered to have racist under tones. Is it just me or has the world gone completely insane? In my opinion theres nothing racist about that nursery rhyme. Fact: black is a colour. There are black, white and grey sheep. Even black and white or white and grey or grey and white or black and grey.

Where in the nursery rhyme does it indicate any sense of racsim? It bewilders me! They consider changing the rhyme political correctness. To me it will always be politically incorrect. For the good old days when a colour was just a colour and not considered a racist remark. I wonder if they will change a white board to rainbow board or even a blackberry to a fruit berry? Black is just a colour! I personally think the word black can only be considered racist if used in the context of being so.

If you think Ba Ba Black Sheep is racist i think you need to take a long hard look at your own attitude. Implying that the nursery rhyme is racist, isnt that saying something about yourself? Skin colour has nothing to do with anything. Skin colour is just skin, isnt it who a person is that matters? If you agree with Ba Ba Rainbow Sheep you need to check yourself!


Leanne x


No comments:

Post a Comment